Baby Legs

I wish I could take credit for all of these crafty ideas that are swirling around in my head.  But, I cannot.  However, I can take credit for seeing someone else's crafty niche and figure out how to make it my own and in a way that is easy and cost effective. 

I saw these cute leggings for kids (babies mostly) and fell in love. Not only are they a stylish way to keep babies legs warm, but they also help soften the blow to their knees when they begin to crawl. My 5 year old thinks they are the coolest thing ever, and I have made some for friends who love them because they fit so much better when they don't have to go up and over that big, bulky diaper.  So, you can buy the designer kind for about $18 a pair, or you can get out your sewing machine, scissors and some knee high socks for $1-$3 at the local retail store and make your own.  You will die when you find out how simple they are to make.


Lay the pair of socks you are going to use on a cutting board and cut the sock just above where the heel is. Or, if you want it shorter, cut more off. 


Now, with the help of your sewing machine hem the raw edge so it looks nice and doesn't frey.  For those of you who are like me and don't always enjoy sewing a hem, use liquid stitch or heat and bond. 



And there you have it.  A perfectly darling legging for those cute legs of all sizes.








No comments:

Post a Comment