As simple as a light switch

I have the cutest boy in the whole world who is absolutely in love with trains, trucks and cars.  So naturally, I decorate his room with such items.  The theme "Route 66".  Unfortunately, boys don't tend to love all of the fluff that girls do, so I did my best to not go too overboard. 

 Over the years I have become the QUEEN of finding a good deal.  I found this chair on a classified ad and paid $40 for it.  It is practically brand new and probably the most comfortable chair I own. 
 

Then, I added this cute metal 3-D wall art I found.


I have added a few other things, but not too much because like I mentioned before, boys don't like the fluff.  So, I thought to myself.......I could recover his light switch and that would add decor without making it goddy.  So that's just what I did.

Here's the before


Here's the after. I found a great image online, printed it out and inked some of the white parts so it didn't look so stark.  I used a finger nail file to round the corners of the light switch and when I was happy with the shape, I got out one of my favorite crafting tools....MODGE PODGE and went to town pasting the image on the plate. 


I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.  I think it almost looks designer, don't you? Well, all I know is it is pretty darn crafty!

P.S. I am making a darling quilt to lay at the foot of his bed.  As soon as I get it back from the quilting shop where they do there magic with the long arm quilters, I will be sure to share it with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment