Fireworks anyone?

I love to decorate my house for the 4th of July.  I go all out as I do on most major holidays.  Apparently not everyone shares my same enjoyment for the red, white and blue.  I have some friends who always comment that my house looks like it's ready to host the President and his family.  (I think they are just jealous he's not coming to their houses.)

Red, white and blue are some of my favorite colors and are so fun to decorate with.  I have many holiday decorations set aside for this occasion, but I always like to add something new every year. This year, I am adding fireworks to my planters outside.




I went to Home Depot and purchased 2 different sized dowels for my project.  One to be the firework itself, the other, to be nothing more than the holder. I cut the dowels down to a desirable size.  And began to paint.  For all of those non-painters out there, I don't paint well either, but just do something simple is definately enough.


Then, I drilled holes in both ends.  In one end, the hole needs to be wide enough that the smaller dowel can fit in it.  The other hole can be small.  But big enough to add your "wick"

Here's the big hole on the bottom.



Here's the smaller hole on the top.



Get out your handy dandy glue gun and when the paint is dry, glue it all together.




At Michael's Crafts, I picked up some a festive foil wrapped garland with red, white and blue stars.  It was the perfect material to use for the wick.


I cut two small pieces (not the same length, it looks better that way) and hot glued those in too.


And here they are!  The perfect accessory to show our American Pride and a festive decoration for my flower pots on the front porch. 

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment