A summer awning

During the summer we always spend a lot of time outdoors.  I love sitting in the backyard with my feet dangling in the wading pool and a cold carbonated diet Pepsi in my hand.  Life doesn't get much better.  
This year as I spent many hours just daydreaming and observing, I noticed how plain and boring the back of my house looked, especially by the french doors.  Well, I couldn't just let it go. I had to remedy this issue.  So I put my mind to work and came up with a crafty little idea.



I had just returned from a trip to IKEA! A place that is dangerous for me to visit.  I love it, my husband and our bank account- not so much.  I had picked up some brackets used for hanging shelves and decided to use them upside down to help make a fun awning for our back doors. 


I headed to JoAnn's for some fun fabric, and Home Depot for a dowel to use in my project.
It was sooooo simple.  I took the fabric and hot glues (yes I glued it) to the brackets I had hung on both sides of the door, put a dowel in to keep the fabric from drooping.........


And ended up with this little awning.  Now isn't that crafty?


No comments:

Post a Comment