An easy to make Mummy

It wasn't too long ago that we finished our basement and have moved into it full force.  It's nicely decorated and suits our needs fabulously....until it comes to the holidays. I find that I am in need of more decorations to the addition of square footage.  So, I really do have to get to work on creating something new. 

I have such a fascination for mummies and find that at Halloween, we decorate with them far too little.  I knew I wanted to make some, but it needed to be an easier project as I am in the middle of yet another room remodel.  This project couldn't have been easier.  

I took a random size of a 2x4 board, covered it in modge podge and wrapped cheesecloth all around it.  You can buy cheese cloth almost anywhere. I got mine at the ever famous WALMART.


I then glued some googly eyes on the and let them dry.  That's it.  I wasn't kidding when I told you it was simple.  Took all of about 15 minutes to make 3. 


And if you want to make them a little more creepy, use a little ink, or brown shoe polish on the rough edges of the cheesecloth to give it the "old" look.  


Gosh, sometimes I can get pretty crafty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment