Edible Glitter!

I just hate it when the Internet goes down and I realize how much my life really does revolve around it.  I have been doing all sorts of projects and snapping tons of cute springtime photos of my kids, and without the Internet....well, let's just say I'm a bit behind.  But, here's to a new beginning.

I wanted to share with you this fun thing I learned how to make that is sure to add "sparkle" to any occasion.  You should know by now how much I love glitter and anything that sparkles.  It's true!  I laugh because I love it almost as much as most people hate it.  I have heard glitter referred to as the "herpes" of the art world.  It doesn't matter to me.....I LOVE IT!!! and now I have learned how to make it edible.

Check it out. 


It's nothing more than taking some sugar and adding food coloring to it.


WP_000296.jpg

WP_000299.jpg

I used a fork to mix it all up so that I could even out the lumps sometimes found in the sugar.  Now, to set the color so it doesn't come off on your hands or anything else, throw it on a cookie sheet or glass pan and stick it in the oven for maybe 5-10 minutes on 200 degrees. Then remove it and shake out the lumps again and there you have it.......EDIBLE GLITTER to use on whatever your heart desires.

WP_000304.jpg

WP_000308.jpg



(PS....one of my summer goals is to learn how to take better pictures.  Until then, you will just have to use your imagination.)


No comments:

Post a Comment