Ice Cream and Cupcakes

Since summer is quickly approaching, I decided it was time to break out the recipes for delicious summer treats.  I found this one involving my most favorite ice cream -MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP- and chocolate cupcakes.  A delicious combination!!  

I cannot take credit for this photo. I did use this recipe, but my cupcakes were
not this pretty.  Thanks to whoever on the www posted this picture.

It was super easy to make.  I started out with

1. Chocolate cake mix, and I realized I was out of eggs as soon as I got home from the grocery store, so I had to make the cake the "healthier" way.  It is as easy as mixing the cake mix with 1 can of Diet Pepsi, or Diet Coke works too.  I know, can you believe that the delicious beverage Diet Pepsi, that I cannot ever get enough of, can now be used to make cake!


2.  I then filled cupcake wrappers about 1/4 full of cake batter and cooked at 
350 degrees for about 5-7 min.



3.  Once the cupcakes were cooled, I added softened Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream to the top of the cupcakes and topped them all off with a vanilla frosting and whipped cream topping. 
(I just made the topping to taste.  Add the whipped cream to the vanilla frosting and whip it until it's fluffy)



Garnish with chocolate chips or chocolate syrup and freeze until it's nice a frozen.  Serve and ENJOY!!





No comments:

Post a Comment