Enshrined toys

I was recently cleaning out our toy closet and came across these little matchbox cars.  My little guy LOVES cars and we have become the proud owners of probably close to 50 or more matchbox cars.  So, I decided to take a few of them and use them as decor in his "Route 66" themed room. 

I went to Hobby Lobby which is craft heaven for those of you who have never been, and I bought these cute 5X7 shadow boxes for $2.99 each.


I painted the back of them black....you could use any color, and then I decided to just keep the light oak color on the outside frame.


I hot glued the cars in the box and put the frame together.  Simple as that.  And now I have a cute decoration of HIS toys to remind me later of what kinds of things he liked to play with.



Isn't that crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment