Salt Dough Creations

Salt Dough
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water


1.After mixing up the dough I rolled it out to a thickness I was happy with. These hearts were cut out by hand with a butter knife. Then further shaped by hand. Don't forget to make a hole for hanging.

2.Place in your oven on the about 300 degrees for approx. 15 -20 minutes. Check them frequently, drying time will depend on thickness.  Let them dry further a few more days on the counter.

3.Once they are dry they can be sanded to get rid of any crazy edges or odd bubbles that may have creeped in upon cooking. Then, just me and a trusty can of silver spray paint.

4. I rubbed on black ink with a paper towel and then wiped off the excess.  I just left enough on to get in the grooves and make it "antiqued" looking.

5. And there you are.  Wear them or hang proudly!!

Now, I would say that's pretty
crafty! 



No comments:

Post a Comment